Saturday, December 15, 2012

first ever non-sarcastic religious post. gettin older errrrday.

this counts as a followup to the dumb little teenage girl post i wrote about 2 years ago.

for you newcomers out there, it was about my lack of faith in fate. i think mostly i was just mad that Jake was moving and i didnt understand his logic. he kept saying that i didnt get it, that he was "supposed to go to Virginia" and i guess the more i thought about it back then, the more stupid it sounded to me.

FALSE.

it wasnt my lack of faith in fate, it was my lack of faith in God. dont get me wrong, i had faith but not enough to understand the concept of a "plan" or "destiny." its not about those things though at all. its about the love heavenly father has for us and his divine plan for our lives.

recent events make it painfully obvious to me that God DOES have a plan for me. not like i have any idea what it is, but he does guide and direct my life to specific places and people. and  i know that he is aware of me. even when he doesnt answer my prayers. i look at unanswered prayers as a message. kind of like a "hold on, i have something better." or "jenna. you need to learn patience."

God created me and he knows me so extremely well. Sometimes i think people overlook the term "Heavenly Father." when i think of that word, it ALWAYS brings me back to my earthly father. my daddy knows me, he helped create me, he raised and taught me, he knows how to make me laugh, he understands my personality and he loves me unconditionally. why would it be different with our  father in heaven? in fact, i think itd be intensified.

there have been times where i know that God knows how ridiculous i am. that sounds weird but...ok fine, story time:)
gather 'round
(best if read like your me, and if you know me really well, you know that when im telling a story it just pretty much sounds like im rambling)

as we all know i get crazy when im home alone. and one time i heard a noise which somehow i translated into someone breaking in, so i ran upstairs and locked myself in my parents closet. and i prayed really hard that i would be safe and that i would know what to do when the person came in. but i couldnt even finish the prayer because i just had this overwhelming feeling of peace and love come over me. and i had this extremely clear picture enter my head of a portrait i had seen of Jesus Christ laughing with a little girl on his lap. and i felt like heavenly father was telling me in his own way that i was being silly and everything was ok. and then i laughed about it and went on with my day unmurdered.

i dont know, just little things i think of occasionally. i am grateful for my relationship with my father in heaven. and i am grateful that he is looking out for me and continues to bless my life with people that he knows i need and opportunities for me to grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment